There can be different reasons why deleting your data is no longer possible.
Within Research Manager we try our best to make sure that data can always be traced back to the user that entered it, and to not (completely) remove data that is already linked to patients. For example, a patient can be removed, but the data will always be saved in the audit trail.
There are several reasons an error message is shown when you are trying to things such as, removing a patient, component, or a site. On this page we name some of the most common situations.
Most common situations
- You want to remove a chapter, subchapter, paragraph or component where patient data has already been filled in. This is not possible, because the data needs to be retraceable to the question asked. However, in this case you can choose to make the component hidden instead.
- You want to remove a chapter, subchapter, paragraph or component that other components are dependent on: for example, you want to delete the component height, while it is possible you made a calculation component BMI somewhere else in your template. In this case it is not possible to remove the first component – first all links with dependent components need to be removed.
- You want to remove a patient that has already ben randomized, or for whom the supply has already been given. This is not possible, because in these studies they need to be able to keep count of how many patients are randomized, or to who the supply was sent.
- You want to delete a site that has already been linked to an active study. This is not possible when the study is active, when there are already patients, data or supply linked to the site, or when the site is already linked to the component sites in Study Management. Only in other cases, such as when the site is not in use anywhere, can it be removed.
- You want to remove a user. This is only possible when he has not yet performed actions that have to be traced back to the ID of the user. This includes for instance the changing of information, but also looking into randomization data, the making of an import or export, and changing other users. However, in this case you can choose to deactivate the user.
Is your situation not mentioned and you cannot remove an item? Please contact us, so that we can help you.