The role ‘application manager’ is used for setting up the application, managing the user accounts and assisting the data managers with setting up their study wherever necessary. Application managers, in most cases, do not have any influence on the substantive progress of the study.
An application manager can for example:
- Change the settings of the application.
- Change the settings of the study.
- Manage modules such as patient self-service, inventory management and randomization.
- Add and manage users within the entire application.
- Add and remove patients.
- Look at the patient self-service overview and send reminder e-mails.
- Export data.
- Look at the audit trail of the study.
An application manager cannot:
- Look at the e-mail addresses of the patients.
- Save data and subchapters.
- Change patient details such as date of birth.