Navigate towards Patient Self-Service Settings
To get to Patient Self-Service Settings you begin on the starting page. At the top of the menu bar you can see the button “Management”, if you click on this then you will get to all the settings. There you need to go to “Study Details” where you can find the tab “Patient Self-Service Setting”.
Setting up the Patient Self-Service sending schedule
Once you have arrived at Patient Self-Service you click on the tab “Schedule”. Here you see all the subchapters and recurring subchapters from your study template. When you want to send a questionnaire to a patient, you send a (recurring) subchapter. Does your chapter contain multiple subchapters, then you will set up a sending schedule per questionnaire (or subchapter).
By clicking on the pencil in the utmost right column below the column “Edit”, you can set up the sending schedule of a (recurring) subchapter. Here you have the choice out of a few options regarding the type of planning:
- Not planned: The (recurring) subchapter will not be sent to the patient by PSS.
- Manually: The (recurring) subchapter will be sent to the patient when you manually set up the date of sending via this icon in the Invitation overview (you can find the overview below the menu CRF – Self Service – Invitations)
- Date of registration: The (recurring) subchapter will be sent directly on the date of registration of the patient. If you enter a number in “Interval in days’’, the (recurring) subchapter will be sent that many days after the date of registration.
- CRF: The (recurring) subchapter will be sent on the date you entered in the date component of the chosen CRF. Here, you can only select the Date Time component that is not placed in a recurring subchapter. If you enter a number in “Interval in days”, the (recurring) subchapter will be sent that many days after the CRF date.
This option is used for instance to send a new questionnaire a few days after an operation- or visitation date.
- Fixed date: The recurring subchapter is sent to all patients on one previously fixed date.
When you have selected the desired type of planning, the available options appear.
- E-mail: Select the desired email template. You also have the option of using standard templates, but you can also make templates yourself. You can find more information about this on the support page.
- Condition: You can set up a condition on sending this subchapter. As long as the condition is not met, an invitation mail will not be sent, not even when the planning is met.
- Settings for recurring subchapters: Here you set up the validity time of the invitation mail, in case you want to send a recurring subchapter. Here you have the option of setting up a number of hours or days. When the time has passed the patient can no longer fill in the questionnaire through that link.
Patient can add references: The patient can add new references (questionnaires), outside of the invitations based on the sending schedule.
To save you settings click on ”Save and Close”. You will now return to the schedule.
Setting up recurrence pattern for Recurring subchapters
When you have planned a recurring subchapter you must set up a recurrence pattern of at least one. Click on the green plus sign in the column Recurrences behind the concerning recurring subchapter.
On this screen you have a few options you need to set up:
- Time of notification: This is the time at which the invitation mail will be sent.
- Recurrence rate: Here you can set up how many times the invitation mail needs to be sent to the patient. You can set this up as Hourly, Daily or Monthly. Then indicate how many times the invitation mail needs to be sent in the chosen time period.
- Reach of recurrence pattern: Here you can set up at what moment the sending of invitation mails needs to stop. Here you can set up that the sending needs to stop on a fixed date or after the mail was sent x number of times. When you do not want the sending of invitation mails to stop, you set up “No end date”.