The role data manager is often used for people who set up and carry out the research. Therefore, this role virtually has all rights within the study, while setting up the application falls outside of his powers. Below we show a concise overview of the rights of a data manager.
A data manager can for example:
- Change the settings of the study.
- Manage modules such as patient self-service, inventory management and randomization.
- Add and manage users for his own study.
- Add patients, change patient details and where remove patients where it is possible.
- Save subchapters in different statuses.
- Make commentary and make, answer and close queries.
- Look at the patient self-service overview and send reminder e-mails.
- Export data.
- Look at the audit trail of the study.
A data manager cannot:
- Look at the e-mail addresses of patients.
- Change settings or users outside of his own study.