- Main menu – Management – Patient Self-Service Settings – Tab ‘E-mail templates’;
- Here you can make changes in the e-mail layout for PSS for your study;
- Click on “Save”.
- Click on ‘Save’.
If you are conducting research where patients have to fill in one or more questionnaires, then it is easier if they do not have to come to location every single time. This can actually be the decisive factor for patients on whether they participate in the research. That is why ResearchManager has a convenient built-in tool for this: Patient Self-Service, also known as PSS. In PSS you can set up which subchapters you send, at what moment, and under what conditions you send it to the patient. Then they will receive a mail with a link and can immediately start with the questionnaire. Afterwards everything will be ready for you in ResearchManager!
If you have the role application manager or data manager, then you can change the settings of Patient Self-Service per study.
Go to https://myresearchmanager.com/NameCustomer . Log in with your username and password.
Attention: Does your organization use multiple modules within ResearchManager? In that case it could be that you first enter the module portal. Click on “EDC (Data management)”. Dependent on your settings it could be that you enter one of our other modules first. If you do not see “EDC (Data management)” in the top left corner of your screen, click on the logo you do see to get to the module portal. Then, click on “EDC (Data management)” as well.
Step 1: Navigate towards Patient Self-Service Settings
Now you see the starting page. Click at the top, in the menu bar, on “Management”. Then, click on “Patient Self-Service Settings” under the heading “Study Details”.
Step 2: Setting up e-mail templates
Now, click on the tab ‘E-mail templates’. On this tab you can set up what text needs to be sent with what subchapter. You see the following screen:
On this screen you , by default, see the e-mail templates we provide that are activated for every new study. You cannot change or remove them – the standard templates always need to be available as a reserve. You can use these templates, and you have the choice between English and Dutch, or you can add your own templates. You do this by clicking on the button Add template on the bottom of the table.
Step 3: Adding or editing your own template
When adding a new e-mail template, or editing an existing one, you will be directed to the pop-up below.
You can set up you invitation-, information-, or reminder mail exactly in a way that it fits with your questionnaire. You can edit the following fields:
- Name: this name will be shown in the overview on he tab e-mail templates, but never to the patient. By filling in a clear name, you make it easier for yourself to select the right template later. It is mandatory to fill in a name.
- Description: optionally you can also add a description to the new e-mail template. Also, this will never be shown to the patient and is solely used for clarification.
- Type: In this dropdown field you need to select the type of the e-mail template. You can choose between invitation, reminder and information. Then template can only be used for e-mails of this type.
- Subject: Here you need to set up the subject of the mail that will be sent to your patients. You can use the merging field %subchapter% - this field will be sent by the title of the subchapter in the sent e-mail.
- E-mail: In this field you can format the e-mail that will be sent to your patients. Again, you can use the merging field to show the title of the subchapter, the merging field is also available for the patient number. Finally, there is a merging field available for the invitation link – this fields needs to be used out of the drop down, otherwise the invitation will not work.
- In the field “Add image” you can upload an image to use in the e-mail template. Think of the logo of your institution or study.
- Lastly, you can link the e-mail template to one or more subchapters. In case you have chosen the type information you cannot link a subchapter. Linking the information mail is done through the general settings of Patient Self-Service.