ResearchManager's CTMS has been updated to version 6.9. You can read here which functionalities have been added and which improvements have been made. If you have questions about the Release notes, we are happy to answer them. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have a new logo, and a new look, so we've also updated the styling of the application.
- Are you going for the accustomed tabs, or for the new sidebar? A new study view is available.
- Quickly switch between the overview of all your studies and a filtered overview of only approved studies? Before you needed to manually change all filters back and forth, now you can save your preferences to your personal overviews.
- Increase the recognizability of the application for all users by adding your own logo to the log in page, and by changing the module titles.
- Tabs can now be shown based on the status of the study.
- The sorting of grids will remain the same now, so you won't have to do that each time you view a grid component.
- We handle hidden answer options in single- and multiple answer components that contain data in a different way.
- What is the date today... We will help you by marking today's date in calendars.
- A column 'Studies' is added to the overview of users and roles to show what studies the users can see, all or only the studies that they are linked to.
- New logo and updated style entire application
The application has been given a new look. All functionalities as you know them are still there, but covered in green, yellow, and blue to match the new ResearchManager logo.
In addition, two new settings have been added that allow you to customise the module a bit more to your organisation. Namely:
Show a custom image on the login page
Application managers can set which images can be shown to each visitor of the login page at the location shown below. An ideal place for your organisation's logo, for example!
The setting can be found be application manager via Management > Application settings.
The module title is customisable
At the top left of the screen, you always see which module you are working in, e.g. 'Electronic Data Capture'. It is now possible to customize that text by contacting one of our consultants.
- New study view: sidebar
Module managers can change the new study view preference via Management > Module settings. There are two options 1) Tabs and 2) Sidebar. De tabs view is used by default:
If the preference is changed to the sidebar, the view will change for all users of the module to:
The sidebar is pinned by default, but can be unpinned by clicking the pin. The sidebar will then move to the side. The sidebar can be opened by hovering over the bar and then click the pin again:
- Add personal overviews with filters and columns to your preference
From now on every user can create their own overviews with filters set to their preference. The default overview 'All studies' contains all studies and has no filters set or extra columns added (image 1):
Image 1: All studies
The overview 'Only WMO + Phase' contains study type WMO studies and has an extra column with data from the component 'Study phase' (image 2).
Image 2: Only WMO + Phase
Follow these steps to create your own overview:
- Adjust the filters as desired and optionally add columns to the overview.
- New icons will appear in the upper right corner of the overview. Click on the plus sign () to create a new overview.
- Give the overview a title, choose the type of overview, and decide whether you only want to see studies linked to your account.
- Now you will see the new overview in the dropdown menu in the upper right corner.
- If you want to edit the title of the overview, click on the edit icon ().
If you want to adjust the settings of the overview, follow these steps:
- Go to your own overview by selecting it from the dropdown menu in the upper right corner of the overview.
- Modify the filters and/or columns.
- Two additional icons will now appear: click on the 'save' icon () to adjust the overview. Click on the 'back' arrow () to reset the filters to the original overview settings.
- Show tabs based on status
It is now possible to show or hide a tab based on the status of a study. For example, you can choose to display the 'Amendments' tab only when a study has the status 'Active' or 'Closed.' All existing tabs are displayed by default in all statuses. For new statuses, the application or module manager must check the tabs under the setting 'Display in statuses,' which can be accessed via Management > Template. Click on 'Main Process,' double-click on one of the subsections (those are the tabs), and there you will find the 'Display in statuses' setting.
- Retain sort settings for Reviews and Document Grids
It is now possible to keep the sorting settings of columns for grid components for Reviews and Documents. As a result, the sorting setting will remain the same if, for example, another tab is clicked and you then open the grid component again. This makes it easier to sort in these components. The sorting settings are remembered per user.
- Change in 'Single answer' and 'Multiple answer' components with inactive answer options
The answer options for 'Single Answer' or 'Multiple Answers' components can be hidden. The answer option will then no longer be displayed, even if it was selected. This caused that in ResearchManager it appears as if no option had been chosen, but when an export was made, the old option was still exported.
What we are doing now is as follows:
If you set an answer option to be hidden, just like before, the option cannot be selected for new studies. For old studies where the hidden answer option was chosen, we now still display the answer option but with text indicating that it is a hidden option:
If you choose a different answer option and save the tab, the answer option disappears and cannot be selected afterward, just like for new studies.
We also display a notification if you want to hide an answer option that already contains data:
- NL number is sent along in the link with ResearchManager
From now on, the NL number from the study details will be sent along when a link is made with another ResearchManager application. This applies to both sent and received study details.
- Current date highlighted in calendar
From now on, today's date is highlighted in bold in the calendar. This makes the current date more clearly indicated.
- 'Studies' column added to Users and Roles overview
The 'Studies' column has been added to the Users and Roles overview. This column provides information about a user's study rights. The 'All Studies' option indicates that the user has rights to view all studies; the 'Linked Studies' option indicates that the user has rights to view linked studies only.