ResearchManager's EDC has been updated to version 6.8.0. Read here which functionalities have been added, which improvements have been made and what bugs are fixed. If you have questions about the Release notes, we are happy to answer them. Please send us an email at email@example.com.
- A long list of choices in a dropdown? We have made it easier to search for a specific option. At many places it is now possible to type in your search term to quickly find what you're looking for.
- Specific wishes for de date/time-formats? More options are now available to display your date/time-data.
- Opening a PDF-file from a CRF without having to download it first? You can do that with our new PDF-viewer.
- Building your CRF template with activities in a quick way? It has gotten even easier now that activity-components can be copied and saved as Building Blocks.
- Bugs, nobody wants them, so we have fixed as many as possible.
- Default status for activities
A new setting has been added to the specific properties of the activity-components: default status. The selected status in this setting will be the default one when using the activity in a CRF template. If you leave this setting empty, the activity will not have a status until you change it. Changing the setting only effects new activities.
File-components can be used in a CRF template to download and upload files from the CRF. PDF-files can now be opened in the browser instead of having to download them first by clicking on the PDF-icon.
- Re-use and copy activity-components
Just like all other components, the activity-components can now be copied within a CRF template by clicking the copy-icon of the component. Alle settings of the activity will be copied to the other components. They can also be saved as Building Blocks so you can re-use them in other CRF templates as well.
- Activity information at patient level
At the activity overview for the selected patient (CRF data > Patient > Activities) a column has been added with the activity type for a better overview.
- 'Add patient'-button greyed out when maximum number of patients is reached
You can set how many patients may be added for a study and per site in EDC. However, at 'CRF data' the button to add patients was still clickable while the maximum was already reached. In turn it was impossible to save that new patient, so the maximum was still kept. We thought it would be more clear if the button to add patients is greyed out in this situation, so that is the case now. The reason why the button is greyed out is shown when you hover over the button with your mouse. Actually, that applies to every button in the system: greyed out? Hover over it and you will see why.
- Show patient number at Patient Details-page
The patient number was not shown at the Patient-Details page, so we have added it.
- Improved instructions after saving a CRF with using 'Log in as patient'
If you want your patient to fill in the CRF from your device, the 'log in as patient'-functionality comes in handy. After saving the data we now show a different text that confirms that all data has been saved and send and the screen can be closed.
- On the export page of activities/procedures the button 'Add export' stayed inactive after clicking it which made it impossible to add multiple exports in a row. The button will now become active when the previous export is complete.
- When you changed settings at 'General study information', like the way that patient numbers are generated, and you changed the status of the study (activate/block/test/under construction) the changed setting were not saved and we didn't warn you for that. Now your changes will be saved and the pop-up will tell you so.
- The CRF-export page was slow when the CRF template included more than 6000 components. We have improved the performance of this page.
- If a file was uploaded in Self-Service an icon was shown indicating that the file was loading. The icon didn't go away even though the file was loaded already. Now it does.
- The 'delete'-button of an export was clickable even though the export was still generating. Nothing could actually be removed, but it wasn't right that he button was active. The button is now greyed out while the export is generating and the reason is shown while hovering over the greyed out button.
- When a patient is locked then that information will be visible in the Overview (CRF > Overview). Exporting the overview is possible by clicking the Excel-icon in the upper right corner of the grid. The export didn't contain the information about patients being locked. We fixed that by adding a new column to the overview in which you can see if patients are locked or not.
- Sites can be active/inactive on two levels: per study or in general. If a site was inactive in general, it could still be added to a study. We have fixed this.
- For patients that didn't fall within a condition of a Self-Service schedule the 'Log in as patient'-functionality couldn't be used. We became aware of the fact that it could happen that you still want to use this functionality so now it is not depended of the Self-Service settings anymore.
- While changing email templates for the Self-Service functionality, the content of the field 'Subject - merge fields' disappeared when the field 'Type' was changed. This is now fixed.
- To change many activities in one action we have a bulk-action. This is can only be used by users with the roles 'Datamanager' and 'Research specialist'. The button for the bulk-action was shown to every role, which was incorrect. We have fixed that too.