ResearchManager's EDC has been updated to version 6.9. You can read here which functionalities have been added and which improvements have been made. If you have questions about the Release notes, we are happy to answer them. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have a new logo, and a new look, so we've also updated the styling of the application.
- Increase the recognizability of the application for all users by adding your own logo to the log in page, and by changing the module titles.
- Get notified whenever someone added a new patient to your study by using our new notification type.
- The enrollment date is now visible from CRF overview.
- We handle hidden answer options in single- and multiple answer components that contain data in a different way.
- What is the date today... We will help you by marking today's date in calendars.
- New logo and updated style entire application
The application has been given a new look. All functionalities as you know them are still there, but covered in green, yellow, and blue to match the new ResearchManager logo.
In addition, two new settings have been added that allow you to customise the module a bit more to your organisation. Namely:
Show a custom image on the login page
Application managers can set which images can be shown to each visitor of the login page at the location shown below. An ideal place for your organisation's logo, for example!
This setting can be found via Management > application settings.
The module title is customisable
At the top left of the screen, you always see which module you are working in e.g., 'Electronic Data Capture'. It is now possible to customize that text by contacting one of our consultants.
- Notification for addition of new patient
It is now possible to receive a notification when a patient is added to a study by a user. You can find the notification settings via the notification icon in the upper right corner of the screen:
Choose 'Other condition types' while setting up the filter of a notification and pick the option 'Patient has been added'.
- Enrollment date added as column in CRF overview
In the CRF overview (CRF > Overview), a column has been added with the enrolment date per participant. This column is displayed only when using Self Service or Procedures.
- Limit on maximum number of components per subchapter
We have put a limit on the number of components you can add in one subchapter to keep the system running at optimal speed. Therefore, it is now no longer possible to add more than 1500 components in one subchapter. When a subchapter contains 1000 components, a warning will be displayed. This informs you that you are heading towards the limit. The limit also applies to the use of recurring chapters and building blocks.
- Filters for export of Activities
For the export of procedures, it is now possible to filter by the code of a procedure filled in when creating the procedure. In addition, hidden transactions are no longer automatically included in the export. If you want to export hidden transactions, check the 'Export hidden transactions' box.
- Change in 'Single answer' and 'Multiple answer' components with inactive answer options
Answer options in single and multiple answer components can be hidden. The answer options will then not be shown anymore, even though the option was chosen. In exports you would still see the data of the hidden option, but in the CRF (Case Report Form) in EDC the option was not shown so it looks like there is no data in the component. So, we have now changed it to the following:
If you hide an answer option, it will no longer be possible to choose this option for new CRFs. For existing CRFs where the option was chosen it will now remain visible, but with a warning that the option is hidden:
If you pick another answer option in the CRF and save it, the hidden answer option will disappear and it won't be possible to choose the option anymore just like the new CRFs.
We also show a warning when you want to hide an answer option that already contains data:
- Current date highlighted in calendar
From now on, today's date is highlighted in bold in the calendar. This makes the current date more clearly indicated.
- Hiding conditionally false procedures
Procedures that are conditionally 'false' in the study template will be hidden in the procedures overview from now on. For example, a procedure should only be shown if a question is answered with 'Yes'. If this question is answered with 'No', this transaction is no longer shown in Procedures > Procedures overview.